2020 Summer employment opportunities with wrrd
Winnipeg River Recreation will be hiring for the following positions this summer.
Please send resumes by mail to: Winnipeg River Recreation
Box 852, Lac du Bonnet MB R0E 1A0
or send via email to:
Please contact us via email with any questions.
ldb Swim Instructors (FULL Time)
We are now accepting applications from qualified persons for the Lifeguard/Swim Instructor positions at the Town Dock in Lac du Bonnet. Applicants must be between 16-30 years and have current First Aid/CPR, NLS(not required if applying for swim instructor only position), and WSI. Please include copies of current certificates with your resume. Staff schedules fall between 10am-7pm.
summer camp staff
Summer Camp Staff are responsible for planning day to day camp activities, actively engaging campers during camp activities and field trips, ensuring the safety of the kids in the program by directly supervising the kids at all times and exercising good judgement when observing and disciplining campers.
Summer Camp Staff will also:
- Supervise groups of children
- Assist and participate in group activities including but not limited to swimming, hiking, bowling, crafts and science experiments, field trips, and other physical activities
- Use group management skills to engage all children in daily activities
- Maintain a safe and clean environment for campers
- Serve as a role model for campers
- Manages accidents and incidents according to procedures
- Complete required reports/paperwork
- Oversee general upkeep and care of equipment, supplies and facilities used.
- Arrive at work on time in summer camp appropriate attire
- Communicate on a regular basis with summer camp leader, participants, parent/guardians, and Recreation office staff regarding questions, concerns and emerging issues
- Perform other job related duties as assigned
These are full time (35 hrs/week) jobs and are open to youth between the ages of 15-30. Successful candidates will be required to submit a Criminal Background check and Child Abuse Registry check. Staff schedules fall between 7:45am-5:15pm, Monday to Friday over the summer months, starting early July and ending by the last week of August.