2021 Summer employment opportunities with wrrd
WRRD is now accepting applications from qualified persons for the Lifeguard/Swim Instructor positions at the Town Dock in Lac du Bonnet. Applicants must be at least 16 years of age and have current First Aid/CPR, National Lifeguard Safety Certification(NLS), and Water Safety Instructor Certification (WSI). Lifesaving Society Instructor Certification (LSI) considered an asset.
Send your resume along with copies of current certificates to:
Kristen Meads, Recreation Director
Winnipeg River Recreation
Box 852, Lac du Bonnet MB R0E 1A0
Phone 204-345-8816 Email: email@example.com
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Summer Camp Staff
Responsibilities include: Implementing the Summer Day Camp Programs, planning/leading the daily activities, ensuring the safety of children participating in the program by providing direct supervision and exercising good judgment, and administrative and other duties as assigned. Full Time positions July & August open to youth between the ages of 15-30. Applicants must have CPR/First Aid, Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check. Deadline for applications: Friday, April 30 at 3:30 p.m.
Summer Camp Staff are responsible for planning day to day camp activities, actively engaging campers during camp activities and field trips, ensuring the safety of the kids in the program by directly supervising the kids at all times and exercising good judgement when observing and disciplining campers.
Summer Camp Staff will also:
- Supervise groups of children
- Assist and participate in group activities including but not limited to swimming, crafts and science experiments, and other physical activities
- Use group management skills to engage all children in daily activities
- Maintain a safe and clean environment for campers
- Serve as a role model for campers
- Manages accidents and incidents according to procedures
- Complete required reports/paperwork
- Oversee general upkeep and care of equipment, supplies and facilities used.
- Arrive at work on time in summer camp appropriate attire
- Communicate on a regular basis with summer camp leader, participants, parent/guardians, and Recreation office staff regarding questions, concerns and emerging issues
-Follow all Covid 19 rules and regulations
- Perform other job related duties as assigned